1. Wash your face. Morning and night, rinse your face water and rub a small amount of gentle cleanser between clean palms. Massage face wash all over your face using gentle pressure.
2. Apply toner. If you use toner, apply after cleansing your face and before everything else. If your toner is exfoliating meaning that it removes dead skin cells with ingredients like glycolic acid use only at night. Hydrating formulas can be used twice a day.
3. Apply serum. Morning is a great time to use a serum with antioxidants like a brightening vitamin C serum because they protect your skin from free radicals you’ll encounter throughout the day.
4. Apply eye cream. You can apply regular moisturizer to your under-eye area, but if you decide to use a specialized eye cream, you’ll typically want to layer it underneath moisturizer, since eye creams tend to be thinner than face moisturizers.
5. Use spot treatment. It’s a good idea to use acne spot treatments at night, when your body is in repair mode. Be wary of layering acne-fighting ingredients like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acids with retinol, which can cause irritation.
6.Moisturize. Moisturizer both hydrates skin and locks in all the other layers of product you’ve applied. Look for a lightweight lotion for the morning, ideally with SPF 30 or higher.